Parcel Tax

Measure K Information and Forms


For Voter’s Pamphlet — Full Text of Measure K click here

Measure K is a $48 tax per parcel for eight years. Funds raised by this local tax, first enacted in 1993, have been used to support instructional opportunities including counseling and library services, fine and performing arts, and technology. This measure is intended to address the needs of the student population at the District’s high schools

What is a Parcel Tax ?

Parcel taxes fund needs at the District that usually come out of the general fund. Parcel taxes are used to upgrade technology in classrooms and labs, maintain small class sizes, expand music/art/and drama programs, make health and safety improvements, and funding school libraries.

Why did the District place Measure K on the ballot ?

Today, the needs at the West Sonoma County Union High School District are far more than can be met with current funding sources. The District relies on a local parcel tax for part of its funding. Funds raised by this local tax will keep school libraries open; maintain or improve arts, career education and college prep courses; and maintain counseling services.

How did the District come up with the needs list for Measure K ?

  • Keeping school libraries open
  • Maintaining small class sizes
  • Improving or maintaining art, music, and drama programs
  • Improving or maintaining shop, culinary, technology, and other career education classes
  • Improving or maintaining college prep courses
  • Maintaining student counseling services

What will the passage of Measure K mean for our students and the community ?

Measure K will provide our students with a better learning environment, reduce class sizes and maintain our programs that are critical to our children’s success.

What will Measure K cost ?

Measure K is a flat tax of $48 per parcel annually. Measure K is a renewal of the previous parcel tax while adding an additional $2.00 per month. Exemptions are allowed for senior citizens and contiguous parcels.

How can I be sure that funds will be spent on improving our local high schools ?

By law, all Measure K funds have to be spent locally and cannot be taken by the state.

How do I Request an Exemption ?

By Phone: Call Jeanine Thibeau at (707) 824-6417
By Email:

Or by printing, filing out, and sending the appropriate form below:

Senior Exemption Form
Contiguous Parcel Tax Reduction Request Form
Supplement Disability Exemption Form